Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Chances Are My Baby Can Beat Up Your Baby...

Sorry for the delay my fellow readers. I'm still trying to figure out a workable schedule for posting my stories. I'm getting there slowly. Anyway, since I know some of you out there can't stand it anymore. In fact a few of you seem to be incredibly persistent. Even to the point that our phones keep ringing and Catdoggg and myself can't even nap. Babydog is on it's way, WE NEED SLEEP. You've given me no choice. I have to let you in on the big news today. Yes, folks big news.

First of all, some of you know that today was the big day for our second ultrasound. If you read my past posting you'll understand what I had to go through early this morning. If not, today was the day that I could find out the gender of Babydog. Before I get there though.....

I still didn't know what I was going to do beforehand. All week leading up to this day I still haven't made a choice. Should I or shouldn't I. The majority of people out there said don't find out, but there was some compelling arguments from the other side that people expressed. Get this, I tried to get my mother to come with figuring that she would hold back my sinister craving for knowledge. When she couldn't go, I had asked my sister..... Alas, she was busy as well. Catdoggg informs me that her mother and Care Bear are going to go now. Great, her mother is like me and would like to know. Care Bear will kick my ass if I do find out. She'll probably tackle the doctor to hide this secret. I figured they would outweigh eachother....Status quo..... NOT!!! At 7:00am this morning Care Bear couldn't make it. So that left me to my own devices with Catdoggg's mum. Oh Uh!!! I might be swayed to find out now...... Guess what folks, I do have an answer for ya.

First and foremost, there is nothing wrong with the baby. In fact the baby is in perfect condition. I actually have a new picture of Babydog that will be posted later this evening. He/She is sooooooo cute. I wanna see her/him right now. Pretty soon, I'll be able to hold my precious little girl in my arms. She definitely has the same nose as her momma.

His gestational age is actually 26.6 weeks old. With an estimated weight of: 1053 gms +/- 179 gms.... Yeah, lets just say it's 2 lbs - 5 oz. Do you know what that means? The weight percentile for gestational age for our baby is 86%..... That means my son will be able to beat up 85 out of a hundred kids in the school yard. :)

Okay, I'm messing with ya with the gender part. You just need to relax, take a deep breath and settle down. I'm gonna answer the gender question right now, but first....

Kidding......

Okay, here it is. The gender of Babydog is as follows......


I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The little bugger was sitting Indian style the whole time. The doctor was actually going to tell her mum and I the sex. She was going to put it in an envelope and that was it. Secret was safe. NOT! I swear this was a joke, but I'm cool with it. Babydog is already being stubborn. We were in there for a while and at no point did the little bugger move one bit. It decided today of all days to remain still. The bugger has been running cross country marathons recently. We swear it often imitates mamma's spinning classes. Today of all days. Why???????

I guess I was never meant to know until D Day. God, doesn't want to ruin the biggest surprise of my life. It makes sense in the end. I was never to know anyway and finding out would only cause friction between mommy and I. Since we all know how well I would have been able to keep THAT secret......

All I know is that Babydog is coming. He/she is incredibly healthy. I'm getting nervous to be a daddy. Mommy is beautiful. And my baby can still BEAT UP 85 OUT OF 100 KIDS IN THE SCHOOL YARD.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love babydog...i am so happy he/she did NOT let you know what he/she is....i am much happier now! whew!! i was a bit nervous.

Anonymous said...

Very well written and good for babydog - she/he certainly knows how to keep everyone happy! I can't wait, but the suspense is killing me! Hope you are both well. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

P.S. folks - does auntie get a new photo for the fridge from yesterday's event? :-)

Anonymous said...

that's my baby... ;)